- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 local free-range eggs
- ¼ cup of kefir or natural yogurt* or a non-dairy alternative (like almond or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey
*if using a thick yogurt you may need to add a bit of water to thin the mixture.
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2. In a separate bowl add the wet ingredients, beating the eggs until they are nice and foamy.
3. Mix the two together and set aside for a few minutes. Coconut flour will need a bit of time to soak up the moisture.
4. Heat a bit of grass-fed butter or coconut oil in the skillet and pour in your batter using about ¼ cup per pancake.
When the pancake begins to bubble flip it over and brown the other side.
We like to mix things up when we make pancakes. Try some of these variations:
- Add mashed banana, pureed sweet potato/butternut squash or apple sauce and slightly reduce the liquid
- Add in fresh blueberries or banana slices during the cooking process
- Stew apple or pear in grass-fed butter or coconut oil and cinnamon
- Kefir and berries
- Almond butter and syrup
Get creative and enjoy!